Wall art seems like the ultimate finishing touch to complete the décor. Lonely or standard pieces can merely add an impressive touch to surpass boredom. It’s not compulsory but definitely encourages the space to check the next levels.
But checking the market on wall art requires extensive knowledge, analysis & passion. Defective purchases can immediately take down the décor to a disgusting extent. And you can check the expert suggestion to avoid mistakes.
Essential Considerations to Choose Wall Art
There are some well-defined considerations to help with the finding. However, not every point holds similar significance to fulfill the requirements. And you better get started with the essential factors towards a precise purchase.
Art Size Regarding Available Space
The very first consideration goes with your available space on the wall. Narrow room holds minimal wall surface availability for artwork decoration. Larger spaces can accommodate either one large or multiple small-sized artworks.
However, you can’t skip the wall symmetry to maintain a precise balance. Not every wall comes rectangular or square on residential houses. Therefore, count your options to determine the possible best surface to check the piece.
Matching Color to Fit Existing Décor
Colors to make the art possesses extreme significance to create an impression. Light or bold color details can induce notable relaxation for anyone to check the paint. Meanwhile, bright colors can enable straightforward statements.
Likewise, you must take the existing decoration into account. You can’t change the whole appeal to match the artwork. It’s directly the opposite – you must get a matching piece to require no change.
Meaningful Theme/Style Depiction
Every different artwork stands to surpass other designs from distinctive perspectives. And that’s where you’re to prioritize the actual option among the available ones.
In simple, you can find some captivating paintings good enough for living room décor. But you can’t or shouldn’t purchase the list. Instead, you need to catch the probable form of sorting.
How to Create a Gallery Wall?
Almost everyone can remember to check a series of artwork or pictures hanging on the staircase wall. Many enthusiasts prefer gallery walls instead of solo displays. And that’s where some additional points require your attention.
- Keep all the pieces on a spacious floor to arrange the pattern. Keep shuffling the arts to find the ultimate combination.
- Determine the focal point (145cm) before anything else. Likewise, start with the central artwork to hang on the wall surface.
- Maintain a reasonable distance between individual pieces. However, you should prefer leaving a minimum of 5cm gap.
Common Wall Art Styles
- Abstract: Non-objective form without any particular target of representing any. It holds a great focus on almost all the lines, colors, tones & texture.
- Botanical: Floral appeal may feature a wide variety of details for depiction. However, the subject remains open for almost all sorts of styles.
- Geometric: The style features a contemporary design with pattern-led details. Bold shapes with some supportive lining may describe the meaning.
- Illustration: Subconscious mind often gets light with colorful touches on the frame. Both handmade or artificial production holds an impressive value.
- Photography: It’s simple yet literal to cover any particular moment on camera. However, a minimal number gets to adorn the wall surface décor.
- Retro: It refers to productions as well as original antiques with vintage prints. Common options concern old travel posters or magazine covers.
Different Types of Wall Art Frame
Pre-Frame – The art is ready for your purchase in the perfect size, frame & exterior. However, it looks somewhat risky to maintain over time. Frame remains a must for solo art walls for decoration.
Wood Frame – A large number of arts features solid oak construction. But your requirement of surface finish may call for different materials. Wood counts versatility, longevity & modifications.
Aluminum – The metal has great popularity over extreme strength against minimal weight. And the durability counts exceptionally high. Aluminum framed art can feature brass or matte black surface.
Decorative – There are many distinctive shapes, focusing on the showoff value. You can check floating, poster-clip, or multi-aperture frames. It’s possible to get the customized frame at the right price.
Choosing Artwork for Particular Space
As mentioned, you can look into the arts to fit the space requirements. An artwork to fit the living room merely fits into the staircase. Of course, it’s about your preference to match the interior decoration. Still, you should know the particular lineup to satisfy the indoor walls.
Bedroom – Let your passionate mind decorate the space without limits. Satisfy your personality with different designs, colors, styles & patterns.
Living Room – Straightforward design with a classic appeal should hold a contemporary accent. Resembling look can present additional facts.
Kitchen – Countertop or empty cabinet-close space can adorn a decorative artwork. Better to lean smaller pieces to fit the narrow indoor details.
Office – Personalize the working space with a gallery instead of a solo art piece. And the intended idea allows the incorporation of assorting artworks.
Bathroom – No need to keep the space empty without any viable reason. Abstract or illustrations can fit the décor to induce a delightful look.
Entryway – Overlooking modern designs for space requires attention. Subtle canvas to feature neutral colors introduces life to the hallway.
Size of Wall Art
It’s extremely important to maintain a balance between the wall space with the intended art. Reasonable proportion of the sizes can definitely accomplish the first impression. There comes no strict rule to fit your space perfectly with the art.
But a popular regulation can resolve your primary confusion on the balancing size. You’re to measure the available empty wall surface’s width. Not multiply the figure by 0.57 to determine the approximate best art-to-wall ratio.
Standard sizes count 50cm x 70cm, 50cm x 40cm & 50cm x 50cm for major art frames. Also, you can consider A1 (59.4cm x 84.1cm), A2 (42.0cm x 59.4cm) & A3 (29.7cm x 42.0cm) sizes. Some other sizes can make the fit without objection.
How High to Hang Wall Art?
Overall aesthetics highly depends on the wall art’s induced symmetry with space. But homeowners often end up creating a mess in the marking. Therefore, our experts can guide you to avoid confusion on the hanging point.
- Center of the wall art should sit 145cm above the floor level. But the thumb rule remains applicable for standard room height to feature 10’.
- Meanwhile, you can hang the artwork slightly higher than 145cm for low ceilings. Also, you can conduct a measuring test to detect the best point.
- Mark the wall’s horizontal surface point to measure 145cm from the ground level. Check the art’s exact half-length to denote the intended number.
- Turn over the frame to make a complete pull for the picture’s wire. Take a measurement of the distance up to wire tension from the frame’s top.
- Subtract the amount from the addition of 145cm to the half artwork length. The resulting point should denote the hanging mark of your wall paint.
- However, it’s almost customary to hang decorative arts right over the sofa/fireplace. And the intended measures count different from the contexts.
- Artwork’s width should cover ⅔rd of the sofa width or close enough. Mark points 15cm – 20cm above to hang the frame for a perfect impression.
- Same ⅔rd width should cover for artwork right above the fireplace. And you’re to take a 10cm – 20cm distance from the mantlepiece for hanging.
How to Hang Wall Art
Hanging a wall art on the surface may not sound very troublesome. But you should pay further attention to heavier frames on installation. Experts suggest the following list to deal with proper hammering to ensure safe hanging.
- One-Nail Picture Hook to hold a maximum of 13.5kg.
- Two-Nail Picture Hook to hold a maximum of 22.0kg.
- Three-Nail Picture Hook to hold about 34.0kg – 45.0kg.
Also, you shouldn’t forget the hammer, marking pencil & spirit level for the job. Additional pair of hands can definitely reduce the task’s extent.
Additional Expert Tips on Purchase
However, your expertise in choosing the right artwork possesses no value without a market approach. You’ll have to understand the potential of the individual points mentioned above. For instance, you can check the options available on Fine Art America. But you can’t just invest in a random piece.
Knowing the Artist – Getting yourself introduced to the artist can help you to catch the context. And online purchases can offer valid words from the artist’s profile.
Secondary Markets – Consulting nearby experts, friends, colleagues can help to understand the art. Even online auctions or local artists may provide valuable points.
Instant Response – not every artwork appears antique, unique, or special for particular purposes. And you mustn’t lose something to catch your heart with beauty.
Attending Exhibitions – Many exhibitions & events feature pieces from emerging artists. You just need to check into the contemporary designs for enhancing your idea.
It’s not easy to understand the contexts or contents of modern-day artworks. But you can definitely polish your knowledge with the expert details. And you better start trying to create an intuitive wall decoration.