Life is getting a bit hectic around here. On top of work, mothering, keeping house (sometimes), and this little ol' blog, Anderson and I have taken on what we have dubbed a "lifestyle change". Eating right and exercising. So after we get the monster child tucked away in his cage for the night (I kid!), we alternate trips to the gym. When he goes, I stay here and work out with a dvd. When I go, he stays here and plays the Wii, which counts, I guess.
I suppose I am telling you all this to explain why the craftier posts have been fewer around here. They'll still be here, I am just trying to figure out how to add about 6 more hours to the day. I'll let you know how that goes.
Anyway. Something I have been working on for a couple months is this little list. No explanation needed. You'll see.
1. Bake cupcakes from scratch.
2. Get family pictures done.
3. Finish Rae scarf.
Learn to crochet.
5. Take Sawyer on a real train.
Read 5 classic books. Read 10 books that don't put me to sleep.
7. Watch 5 classic movies.
8. Learn to knit in the round.
9. Go on a high heels date with Anderson.
10. Finish and frame Harry Potter cross stitch.
11. Visit Chicago.
Get an iphone.
13. Reach my goal weight.
14. Throw a party.
15. Make Sawyer a blanket.
16. Make a Gilmore Girls themed craft. Yes, I am serious. This is a goal.
17. Get a tattoo? Probably not.
18. Go somewhere with my sister - girl's trip!
19. Organize patterns and magazines.
20. Start a new tradition.
21. Finish watching all 6 Star Wars movies with Anderson.
22. Meet my blog goals.
23. Purge craft supplies.
24. Paint breakfast nook.
25. Read a book about Walt Disney.
26. Open my etsy shop!
27. Finish at least half of the things on this list. Let's be realistic.
We'll see how it goes. I know myself, and I know that if I make a list, I will do the things that are on the list just to experience the glorious satisfaction of crossing something off. At least I have that motivating me. Because right now, a nice long date with my pillow is more appealing than all 27 of those fun things.