It's finally Friday - and the Friday of a holiday weekend, which magnifies the awesomeness of Friday! Fridays are my favorite - I love the feeling of leaving the office on a Friday afternoon, all the hope and freedom of a whole weekend stretching before me. I literally walk outside, take a big gulp of fresh air, and heave a sigh of relief that I conquered another week. It's a good feeling.
Onto five things...
Thanks to my new nook, I have really been reading a lot. It is nice to carry all my books that I am reading with me at once. So I thought for this week's five things I would share some of my favorite books. Sound good?
1. Harry Potter (all of them). Seriously, I don't even care if anyone thinks HP is stupid or makes fun of me or whatever. I l.o.v.e these books. I watch every day for my Hogwarts letter, but still nothing. What's up with that?
2. The Hunger Games series. I just finished these and oh, man, they are good. I thought I wouldn't be into them but I was wrong. I could not put them down. I read all three in a week. Read them.
3. Love Walked In. This is one of my all time faves. I got it on the clearance rack at Borders a couple years ago and I have read it like three times. It is an unexpected, clever romantic book without being dirty or too sappy or mushy. It is just good. (There is also a sequel called Belong to Me, which is equally as good).
4. Wuthering Heights. I had to put a classic on here because I do love the classics so much. I love this book because it is haunting. It is one of those stories that sticks with you. You keep thinking about it even after you put it down- a sign of a good book for me.
5. All the other books I like. This is totally cheating, but it's my blog, so I get to break rules. I just can't put a definitive number on the books I love. So here are some others: Little Women, Memoirs of a Geisha, Little House on the Prairie (no I am not eight years old), Tuesdays With Morrie, and on and on. My favorites change so I can't really say what my one single fifth favorite is.
I am currently reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief. I also have Tina Fey's new book on my nook but haven't started it yet. I think there should be like 4 more hours in the day just for reading. Mandatory be quiet and read time - wouldn't that be nice?
What are you reading now? Got any recommendations? Share, please!